Sportgo Lite's Find a Team feature will not only allow your teammates to find your team without an invitation but also allow for your team to be joined by members of the public.
Finding a team to play on with RosterBot is a simple process.
1. Go to Sportgo Lite's Find A Team page
2. Type in the Activity, Country, City and proximity you are looking to play in.
3. Search the teams which fit your criteria and click apply.
4. Tell them a little bit about yourself and the team’s manager will receive notice that you’ve applied. You will find out if you are accepted via an email and added to the team.
5. Save your search history too. This way Sportgo Lite will notify you when a new team in your area joins Sportgo Lite so you can let them know you are interested in joining.
If your team is a non-youth team, which is using Sportgo Lite currently and has updated team details, you will automatically be involved in the Find a Team tool.
If you haven’t met these criteria, but you would like to have your team added to Find a Team all you need to do is update your team’s Details.
Your team’s manager can do this by going to the Configure page and filling the Details tab, like below.
However, opting out is very simple. Your team’s manager will need to click the Find a Team toggle to OFF.
This toggle is located in the Details tab in the Configure page.
If your team is ‘discoverable’ the following information is available to people looking to join a new team:
- Team Name.
- Sport your team plays.
- The distance of your team’s registered location from the person searching.
- The name of the city which your team plays in.
- Skill level.
- Team gender (Male, Female, Co-Ed).
Things which are not included in the search results include, but are not limited to:
- Any player information of any kind.
- Team events, event times, event locations.
- Contact information of teams.
Please keep in mind that Find a Team is an application process. No one can join your team without your Manager’s consent.
No one can find any personal information about your team or any of your teammates.
If you have any questions at all about this feature please contact us at email@example.com.
Once you have applied to a team, you are not automatically added to this team. You must be accepted on to the team by a manager from the team you’ve applied to.
The manager of the team will be notified that you’ve applied to the team and can accept your application via their Players page.
If you are accepted, you will receive an email notifying your acceptance.